Monday, August 17, 2009

A Pretty Good Book to Movie Translation

I saw The Time Traveler's Wife yesterday, with a great group of ladies (shout out to the TwilightMoms). I was very skeptical going into it. Recently my sister and I read My Sister's Keeper and then were completely floored (not in a good way) by the movie. I was feeling a little gun shy about this one.

When I first began reading The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger I had a little trouble getting into it, found it a bit hard to follow. But then all of a sudden I was three quarters of the way through the book and didn't want to put it down. It was one of those books that sucked me in and I had a hard time pulling myself back to reality. (love that kind of book!)

The movie surprised me, although there were a lot of things from the book missing, overall they did a really good job of taking it to the big screen. Rachel McAdams did a beautiful job of portraying Claire, through the good and the bad, and Eric Bana was a very believable Henry (although his time traveling hair should have been left in the past).

I would suggest you read the book before seeing this movie, but then.... I suggest you see this movie. I'd give it a B+.

1 comment:

Rebecca L Sutton said...

I 100% agree with your review. I'm so glad I read the book first. I don't know if I'd even have gone to see it if I hadn't read the book in the first place.

Great recap!