Saturday, March 6, 2010

Mother Daughter Fun!!

Let's start by ignoring the fact that I did the worst really quick cut and paste on this picture, don't judge me.

My almost 10 year old daughter is a voracious reader, reads just about every spare minute of every day. Some days when she has trouble getting up for school I sneak into her room and find a flashlight and book stowed away under her pillow from the night before. She frequently asks if she can read what I am reading. Now obviously that's not going to happen, some of the books just have way too much mature content. Let's be honest, I really don't want to answer some of the questions they might bring about :-) Sooo I thought maybe she and I could read some Middle Grade together. I asked her if she'd like to read some of the same books and blog about them. Guess what? She sure does!

The first book we are reading is called Falling In by Frances O'Roark Dowell (we received our copies from Simon & Schuster, for review).


Watch for our review to come in the next few days, and maybe we'll even give a copy away to celebrate our first review together.

2 comments:

RockinRobin26 said...

What a FABULOUS idea!!

Stephanie Pellegrin said...

Cute! Love the picture of you two as well!!! :)