Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Honor and Remember

I know I don't need to tell anyone what Sunday was.  I'm sure you all remember where you were that morning, just as i do.  I was touched this weekend by so many beautiful tributes.

I'm not going to rehash them, I don't want to cry any more.  BUT I do want to share 2 of the ones I'm pretty sure you didn't see... 

1.  After a really difficult week here in our area (major flooding and devastation to many people) our County Fair managed to open for a few days.  At their 9/11 Tribute a State Representative presented this flag..
I find it and the meaning behind it very touching.  (not quite touching enough for me to pay $50 for one though lol)  I understand there is some controversy about states bringing this flag, I honestly have not read it, probably don't want to ;-)  You can find out more about it here.


2.  No secret I have a deep love for all things Blue October ;-)  watch this (best when listened to with headphones) from their Sept 11 show.  It sort of blew me away!

Hoping you were able to slow down a bit on Sunday to appreciate all of the blessings in your life!  And to give thanks to all of those who make them possible.

No comments: