Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Katniss Everdeen, Girl on Fire

So today (well I guess technically yesterday, since it's 2:30 am lol) was the day. MOCKINGJAY, the 3rd and final book in the Hunger Games Trilogy came out.

We had a few failed attempts at trying to pick it up early. But, Becky was a superstar toting her son and my two kids to Barnes and Noble this morning to pick up our copies!  She kindly dropped mine off at my office for me where it sat and stared me down :-)

I had already read the first 2 chapters (during the failed attempts) and made quick time through Chapter 3 while eating my lunch.  So, as soon as I got home, I dove in, only resurfacing to make dinner, get a drink, kiss my kids goodnight... you know, the important things.  

I finished the book about half an hour ago.  There's not much I can/will say because I do not think a review should give away anything from the book and I don't think I'd be capable of sticking to that.  And also quite frankly, I am having trouble forming reasonable thoughts. 

I loved it!  That much I can say.  If I gave book ratings - this would definitely get 5 of 5 stars!

MOCKINGJAY does not disappoint. 

 If you haven't read the first 2 books in the serious (THE HUNGER GAMES and CATCHING FIRE) then get going! What are you waiting for??  :-)

 
Note:  In case you are interested....You can buy them all separately or together for great prices at Book Depository (they shop free to most places) or Amazon.  

No comments: