Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Witch Hunts, A Real Trailer & Catching Fire

I just returned home from a meeting in Salem, Mass. It was my first time there and I really enjoyed it.

While I was in Salem, and had only my mini-netbook computer with me, the newest New Moon Trailer was released. I am going to call this the real trailer since the others didn't really count. The first was a little teaser, the second was propaganda for Jacob (not that I didn't enjoy it, but it just wasn't a theatrical trailer in my opinion) and now what we have all been waiting for ....yay the real trailer! I saw it on the VMA Awards and then found it in HD on-line, but the little teeny weenie screen just didn't do it for me. One of the first things I did when I got home was to check it out in all it's glory on my 17" screen. It's really great!

On the subject of the VMAs, I know I'm a day late on this, I still cannot believe what Kanye did to poor Taylor Swift & Beyonce. How utterly awful for Taylor, obviously. But poor Beyonce must have been mortified as well. I'm not really gonna give him any more of my time, he's just not worth it. However, I think Beyonce deserves some props for the way she called Taylor back on stage, following a win of her own, and allowed her to deliver her acceptance speech.

I took CATCHING FIRE with me on my trip and read the heck out of that book. I was sooo close to the end when I arrived, but saved the rest for my trip home. I'm not going to say much about it yet. I need to digest it a little more...I will say I didn't want it to end!


Borders Ink is having a YA promotion...check it out


1 comment:

Rebecca L Sutton said...

I'm a little sad I have to hear all this from your blog sister. Kidding of course. I'm looking forward to catching up! I totally agree on the fabulousness of the final and "real" NM trailer. Sooo good.

So now can I have my precious book back? lol I am afriad to start since I know I won't get any writing done!

That Borders promo is pretty sweet...too tempting. Cookies or books this week?